Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Garden Poem

My six year old wrote a poem about our garden.  She named the dog Clark so it would rhyme, even though we don't have a dog named Clark ...


It says:

I have a large garden.  It's in my back yard.
I work very quickly.  I work very hard.
My garden grows slowly.  I work until dark.
My dog barks so loudly.  My dog's name is Clark.
At night Clark will take charge.  Clark does his own part.
He watches my garden.  Clark is very smart.

I thought it was very good for a six year old!  And the fact that she was even thinking about the garden to write about it was pretty cool! 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great poem, especially for a 6 year old. You should be very proud. Also, I cannot get over the tomatos growing from your previous post. We still cannot even plant ours until at least the 3rd week of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been very hot here very early this year. Our turnips also are coming along - I think we may be eating them soon! It's been such strange weather this year!

    ReplyDelete