Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Welcome.

Welcome to my garden blog!

Together, we'll be playing in the dirt, making mud pies and all sorts of other garden recipes! 

We have changed our gardening style and it has been such a success that I wanted to share it with everyone! 

Our old style was what I grew up with:  a big plot of ground that you hoed, weeded and tried to grow vegetables in.  It was fun and produced some veggies, but was never very successful.

Our new style involves small 4'x4' plots filled with a mixture of sterile dirts (I'll talk more about that later) that are placed a good walk-way worth apart.  The format makes for easy planting, tending and harvesting.  I'm telling you, this is the way your garden should grow!  My hubby says this form of garden has a name - it is called square foot gardening.

I will tell you about this year's garden, but will also discuss past years with pictures and whatnot.

I can't wait to share it all with you!

So ... how does YOUR garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment