Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Box Gardening.

The first thing you need to know about our garden style is our boxes.



We make the boxes ourselves, though I believe Home Depot also has "kits" that will build a pretty box (though how long it will last, I don't know).  See: Home Depot - raised garden bed kit.  Same concept here, except ours are made for function and durability rather than curb appeal.

The size of the boxes makes it easy to reach all parts of the bed from any side.  This makes for easier care of the plants.

This is what our garden looks like this year:


See how we have the boxes?  We put down garden fabric in between and covered the walk-ways with mulch to keep the weeds out from in between.

I'll post more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden boxes look great! I love gardening, especially vegetables. New follower from blogaholic, I look forward to your future posts!

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete